My eldest and I made this delicious slice the other weekend together. It is so simple, cheap and yummy to make! Once it was cooled down I sliced it into pieces & put them into individual sandwich bags to freeze. Take them out of the freezer the night before to defrost & voila you have a healthy lunch box snack 😉
Here’s the recipe we used 🙂
2 teaspoons of Vegetable oil
2 middle bacon rashers, trimmed and chopped
1/2 a 440g packet of fresh Singapore noodles
2 zucchinis grated
2 carrots, peeled & grated
125g can of corn kernels, drained
1/2 cup of frozen peas
4 green onions, thinly sliced
I cup of self raising flour
1/2 a cup grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup of milk
extra 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat your oven to 180c or 160c if fan forced. Grease a 20cm by 30cm lamington pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the bacon. Cook until just golden and remove from the heat.
3. Separate the noodles with your hands and using scissors cut them into roughly 5cm lengths.
4. Squeeze the excess water from the zucchini and carrot using paper towel. Combine the noodles, bacon, zucchini, carrot, corn, peas, onion, flour and cheese in a large mixing bowl with your clean hands ( this is fun for the kids to do). Place the eggs, milk and extra oil in a jug and whisk to combine. Stir through the noodle mixture and season with salt & pepper (if you want to). Spread into your prepared pan.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and set because some ovens like mine cook rather oddly. Allow to stand for 15mins before slicing.
This is a great one to get the kids involved in as it is so simple!
Sarah (The OCD Mumma) x